Michigan Real Estate License Requirements
In order to sell or rent properties in the State of Michigan, you must first obtain your real estate salespersons license.
$149 $99Get Your Michigan Real Estate License
LIMITED TIME OFFER
What Are The Michigan Real Estate License Requirements?
Here are 4 steps you need to take to satisfy the Michigan real estate license requirements:
First, you must complete the 40-hour Michigan pre-license course. The course must be approved by the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). Take the Michigan licensing course online to save both time and money.
At the end of the course is a final exam. Once you pass the final exam, you will earn your Certificate of Completion for the course.
Meanwhile, the school will notify the State of Michigan that you have completed the course.
Set up your free MiPLUS account through the Michigan.gov website. Through your MiPLUS account, you will be able to apply for your license and pay the license application fee.
Once your license application is submitted, you are then ready to schedule and take the State exam.
The Michigan real estate salespersons exam must be taken through a PSI testing center.
Once your license application is approved, you will receive an email from PSI, which contains your Exam Candidate ID number.
To schedule your exam, simply contact PSI at (855)579-4635 and provide them with your Exam Candidate ID number.
The State exam consists of 115 questions with a passing grade of 70% (80 out of 115 questions answered correctly) and a time-limit of 180 minutes.
Once you pass the State exam, you are now eligible to receive your Michigan real estate salespersons license.
If you had a sponsoring broker help you complete your initial licensing application through MiPLUS, your license will be mailed to your sponsoring broker.
If you didn’t have a sponsoring broker help you complete your license application, your application will be left as “Pending” until you have a sponsoring broker complete the Employing Broker Notification form. Once this is done, your license will be mailed to your sponsoring broker.
Congratulations, you are now a licensed Michigan real estate salesperson!
You also must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or GED is NOT required to apply for a real estate license.
How to get a real estate license in the State of Michigan?
- The Michigan real estate salespersons course is a state-approved 40-hour course.
- The course is broken down into chapters and lessons.
- At the end of each chapter is a quiz comprising of multiple-choice questions.
- The course can be accessed from any computer, tablet or smartphone 24/7.
- The online course does not require a textbook.
However, you can purchase a downloadable PDF or a Kindle version of the course textbook separately. The textbooks are meant to be used as tools to help you follow along with the course. The textbooks are not meant to replace the course.
- Upon completion of your course you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- By law, the 40-hour Michigan real estate salespersons course must include a final exam. The final exam is password protected and you will have to complete a Student Verification form in order to obtain the final exam password. The course final exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions with a passing grade of 70%.